How to Become A Professional Makeup Artist or Hair And Makeup Near Me?
Before considering a career as a makeup artist, you must do field research. That’s the primary way to avoid pitfalls. Is there room in your geographical area for another makeup artist? What is the competition like? Are you willing to travel for, say, a wedding? How far? Is your car dependable? If you don’t want to travel, is your city big enough for you to get the client base you need? Also get the scoop on pay in your area. It will vary, Hair And Makeup Near Me in Parkhurst even in one town, depending on your clientele. Working for a wedding planner, you will make more than working for a mall photography shop. Find out what the highest and lowest income opportunities are.
Freelance or Corporate: Perks and Pitfalls if your research gives you a green light, the next step is to decide between the freelance life and the employee life.
Working for a company, perhaps being a sales rep for your favorite cosmetics brand, or being the on-call makeup artist for a film production company, you can count on a regular paycheck and perhaps even benefits.
Joining the growing group of freelancers, you’ll need to spend at least 50% of your work day on marketing yourself.
LicensingIn either case – freelance or corporate – the next step is to become accredited.
Get the information on the legal, health, and educational certification required by your state, county, or town. Take classes from an accredited beauty school (many have generous scholarship programs).
How to Get WorkNow you’re ready for the most critical part of becoming a professional makeup artist: marketing yourself.If you want to work for a company, you can send resumes to spas, beauty salons, and specific cosmetic companies. Once you get a job, you are on your way to a career. You can make contacts, work your way up in the organization, acquire mentors, and get that most magical benefit of all – experience. If you get a job with a specific cosmetic company, they may require you to take additional classes focusing on their products. Usually they will pay for that.
The other requirement of being a freelancer is that you’ll have to stock your own makeup kit. This is an investment, and if you make money, chances are you’ll be able to deduct the costs of your cosmetics.Many women are going “green” these days, so be sure your makeup kit is filled with earth-friendly, skin-friendly, and non-animal tested products. If you want to specialize and use only vegan products, you could use that as a compelling marketing tool.
Being “known” for a unique niche is also a great way to catch business. You could specialize in makeovers, anti-aging looks, head shots for actors (although many actors prefer to do their own makeup), or runway and catalog makeup for models.
Whether you apply to work for a company or go freelance, remember: there is no guarantee that you will immediately earn enough money to live on. Go into the process with enough money saved up to keep you in the black for at least six to twelve months. And decide ahead of time how long you’re willing to go without clients. Market your services with an organized plan, and be persistent.
Going into the makeup artist business can be an awesome life change – financially and emotionally. Do it with care, do it with intelligence, do it with a plan – and you could be living your dream.
Interesting Facts About Hair And Makeup Near Me in Woodmead :
About Hair And Makeup Near Me in Woodmead :
It's important that your makeup look its absolute best for your wedding day. Whether you plan to marry on a beach at noon or at night under the stars, by keep your makeup simple you will look and feel great. You don't want to much, nor too little, a natural look is very important. This is not the time to be experimenting with new looks. Your makeup should enhance your beauty not hide it. Here are some tips to help with you achieve your pefect bridal makeup:
- If you are having a facial done, make sure it is at least two weeks prior to your wedding.
- If your skin is prone to breakouts, see your dermatologist 3 or 4 months before your wedding
- Staying hydrated is important to keeping you looking refreshed. Drinking lots of water will also flush out impurities from the skin.
- Eyebrows should be shaped 5-7 days before the wedding. Be sure not to pluck on your wedding day because you could land up with unattractive red bumps that are difficult to cover.
- On your wedding day blend your makeup well and let set. You do not need extra makeup to please the camera - that's a myth.
- Choose a lipstick that lasts. Apply just prior to walking down the isle. Go easy on the lip liner. Be sure to check that you don't have lipstick on your teeth.
- Line and fill mouth with a neutral pencil to make lipstick stay on longer.
- To lengthen wearing time of your lipstick, apply a light layer of powder over your lipstick then apply another layer of lipstick
- If you are doing your own makeup, see a beauty consultant and purchase your make up at least 3 months in advance. Then practice until you've got the perfect makeup.
- Waterproof mascara is a great idea just incase you get a little weepy.
- A very light application of facial powder will set your makeup and reduce
- Keep your powder, mascara, and lipstick in your purse so you can freshen up at a moments notice.
- If you discover that dreaded pimple on your wedding day, do not squeeze it! Just apply a drop of visene to get the red out, cover with concealer, and apply foundation.
- Wear a button shirt when applying your makeup so you don't mess up your makeup. When slipping into your gown put a towel over your face so you don't get makeup on your wedding dress.
- Avoid glittery or dewy looks - these are not very receptive for photographs and you may come out looking greasy
- If your wedding is outside be sure to apply sunscreen first
- Water based foundation looks most natural in photos
- For eye contouring, apply a dark but neutral in the crease of the eye. You can line the upper and lower lids (optional) with brown or grey shadow, smudging the outer corners
- If you need to make your eyes look wider or brighter, use a white pencil to line the inside of the lower lids.
- Don't get too much sun before your wedding. Sunburns, peeling skin and tan lines can sabotage your special day.
- Make certain your wedding photographer is "not" using grainy film, because no matter how good your makeup is, with grainy film it will not look good
- Make sure your wedding photographer is using high quality film so your photos do your wedding makeup justice
- For your makeup to look good in your photos, it must be completely matte and in neutral tones, brides usually prefer a little color. Pastels look soft and pretty, but avoid glitter, shimmer and frosted eyeshadows.
- Shine is the #1 enemy for photos.
- Don't apply white or black eye shadow
- Olive complexions should not use gray shades
- Pale complexions should not use vibrant colors.
To relieve stress you can have a makeup artist do your wedding day makeup. If you enjoy doing your own makeup but need some more tips, visit a makeup consultant.
It's your day! You are going to look absolutely beautiful!
Hair And Makeup Near Me in Woodmead
Wedding is the most auspicious day in a bride's life. She wants to look extraordinary beautiful on her wedding day. Bridal makeup can help you to get the desired looks on your special day. You should choose the best wedding makeup artist to get the desired look. Experience and perfect skills of a makeup artists can help you to get the desired results. A wedding artist can help you to look simple and beautiful by applying the right makeup techniques. There are some artists who do not know the right techniques and they just cover your face with several layers of makeup that affect your natural looks badly. Therefore, it is very important to choose the best wedding makeup artists.You can make your wedding a memorable event by choosing the best wedding makeup artist. You have to put some efforts in choosing the right makeup artist. You have to do research on the internet and meet different artists to select the most appropriate artist for your wedding.
Wedding Makeup Artist
Whatever the occasion, makeup can enhance or destroy your look. If you get it right, the overall look can be amazing; get it wrong and it all looks like an artificial mess. For a bride to be all these considerations are multiplied in importance so as to look as beautiful as possible on the big day.One of the major mistakes brides tend to make is to wear no or very little makeup. Even if a bride is lucky enough to have a gorgeous natural look, it would still make sense to wear a little. There will likely be no other day when you will be photographed more than your wedding day, and covering up slight blemishes will help you treasure those photos the rest of your life.Finally, remember to take the weather and ambient heat into account. If your lucky day promises to be a hot one, keep the makeup as light as possible so it does not run or cake. Remember you will be standing there in front of two entire families and their friends; you are going to be hot.