How to Become A Professional Makeup Artist or Wedding Hair And Makeup Artist?
Before considering a career as a makeup artist, you must do field research. That’s the primary way to avoid pitfalls. Is there room in your geographical area for another makeup artist? What is the competition like? Are you willing to travel for, say, a wedding? How far? Is your car dependable? If you don’t want to travel, is your city big enough for you to get the client base you need? Also get the scoop on pay in your area. It will vary, Wedding Hair And Makeup Artist in Brakpan even in one town, depending on your clientele. Working for a wedding planner, you will make more than working for a mall photography shop. Find out what the highest and lowest income opportunities are.
Freelance or Corporate: Perks and Pitfalls if your research gives you a green light, the next step is to decide between the freelance life and the employee life.
Working for a company, perhaps being a sales rep for your favorite cosmetics brand, or being the on-call makeup artist for a film production company, you can count on a regular paycheck and perhaps even benefits.
Joining the growing group of freelancers, you’ll need to spend at least 50% of your work day on marketing yourself.
LicensingIn either case – freelance or corporate – the next step is to become accredited.
Get the information on the legal, health, and educational certification required by your state, county, or town. Take classes from an accredited beauty school (many have generous scholarship programs).
How to Get WorkNow you’re ready for the most critical part of becoming a professional makeup artist: marketing yourself.If you want to work for a company, you can send resumes to spas, beauty salons, and specific cosmetic companies. Once you get a job, you are on your way to a career. You can make contacts, work your way up in the organization, acquire mentors, and get that most magical benefit of all – experience. If you get a job with a specific cosmetic company, they may require you to take additional classes focusing on their products. Usually they will pay for that.
The other requirement of being a freelancer is that you’ll have to stock your own makeup kit. This is an investment, and if you make money, chances are you’ll be able to deduct the costs of your cosmetics.Many women are going “green” these days, so be sure your makeup kit is filled with earth-friendly, skin-friendly, and non-animal tested products. If you want to specialize and use only vegan products, you could use that as a compelling marketing tool.
Being “known” for a unique niche is also a great way to catch business. You could specialize in makeovers, anti-aging looks, head shots for actors (although many actors prefer to do their own makeup), or runway and catalog makeup for models.
Whether you apply to work for a company or go freelance, remember: there is no guarantee that you will immediately earn enough money to live on. Go into the process with enough money saved up to keep you in the black for at least six to twelve months. And decide ahead of time how long you’re willing to go without clients. Market your services with an organized plan, and be persistent.
Going into the makeup artist business can be an awesome life change – financially and emotionally. Do it with care, do it with intelligence, do it with a plan – and you could be living your dream.
Interesting Facts About Wedding Hair And Makeup Artist in Johannesburg south:
About Wedding Hair And Makeup Artist in Johannesburg south:
Wedding Hair And Makeup Artist in Johannesburg south
- Professional Wedding Makeup Artist Woodmead
- Best Wedding Makeup Artist Sandton
- Indian Wedding Makeup Artist Morningside
- Asian Wedding Makeup Artist Fourways
- Wedding Day Makeup Artist Midrand
- Local Wedding Makeup Artists Roodepoort
- Makeup Artist For Wedding Day Sunninghill
- Find A Makeup Artist For Wedding Duxberry
- Wedding Makeup Artists And Hair Stylists Hyde Park
- Best Makeup Artist For Wedding Pretoria
- Destination Wedding Makeup Artist Bedfordview
- Freelance Wedding Makeup Artist Rosebank
- Wedding Hair Makeup Artist Midrand
- Black Wedding Makeup Artist Brakpan
- Affordable Makeup Artist For Wedding JHB
- Wedding Makeup Artists And Hairstylists Germiston
- Wedding Day Make Up Artist Sunninghill
- Makeup Artist For Wedding Day River Club
- Wedding Day Makeup For Black Bride East Rand
- Wedding Day Makeup For Black Brides Westcliff
- Wedding Hair And Makeup Package List River Club
- Wedding Hair And Makeup Price Westcliff
- On Site Wedding Hair And Makeup Bryanston
- Wedding Hair And Makeup Cost Randburg