How to Become A Professional Makeup Artist or Makeup Artist Prices?
Before considering a career as a makeup artist, you must do field research. That’s the primary way to avoid pitfalls. Is there room in your geographical area for another makeup artist? What is the competition like? Are you willing to travel for, say, a wedding? How far? Is your car dependable? If you don’t want to travel, is your city big enough for you to get the client base you need? Also get the scoop on pay in your area. It will vary, Makeup Artist Prices in Northcliff even in one town, depending on your clientele. Working for a wedding planner, you will make more than working for a mall photography shop. Find out what the highest and lowest income opportunities are.
Freelance or Corporate: Perks and Pitfalls if your research gives you a green light, the next step is to decide between the freelance life and the employee life.
Working for a company, perhaps being a sales rep for your favorite cosmetics brand, or being the on-call makeup artist for a film production company, you can count on a regular paycheck and perhaps even benefits.
Joining the growing group of freelancers, you’ll need to spend at least 50% of your work day on marketing yourself.
LicensingIn either case – freelance or corporate – the next step is to become accredited.
Get the information on the legal, health, and educational certification required by your state, county, or town. Take classes from an accredited beauty school (many have generous scholarship programs).
How to Get WorkNow you’re ready for the most critical part of becoming a professional makeup artist: marketing yourself.If you want to work for a company, you can send resumes to spas, beauty salons, and specific cosmetic companies. Once you get a job, you are on your way to a career. You can make contacts, work your way up in the organization, acquire mentors, and get that most magical benefit of all – experience. If you get a job with a specific cosmetic company, they may require you to take additional classes focusing on their products. Usually they will pay for that.
The other requirement of being a freelancer is that you’ll have to stock your own makeup kit. This is an investment, and if you make money, chances are you’ll be able to deduct the costs of your cosmetics.Many women are going “green” these days, so be sure your makeup kit is filled with earth-friendly, skin-friendly, and non-animal tested products. If you want to specialize and use only vegan products, you could use that as a compelling marketing tool.
Being “known” for a unique niche is also a great way to catch business. You could specialize in makeovers, anti-aging looks, head shots for actors (although many actors prefer to do their own makeup), or runway and catalog makeup for models.
Whether you apply to work for a company or go freelance, remember: there is no guarantee that you will immediately earn enough money to live on. Go into the process with enough money saved up to keep you in the black for at least six to twelve months. And decide ahead of time how long you’re willing to go without clients. Market your services with an organized plan, and be persistent.
Going into the makeup artist business can be an awesome life change – financially and emotionally. Do it with care, do it with intelligence, do it with a plan – and you could be living your dream.
Interesting Facts About Makeup Artist Prices in Centurion:
About Makeup Artist Prices in Centurion:
Makeup Artist Prices in Centurion
- Bridal Makeup Prices Northgate
- Wedding Makeup Prices Northgate
- Bridal Hair And Makeup Prices Johannesburg
- Makeup Artist Price List Fourways
- Wedding Makeup Artist Prices Sunninghill
- Wedding Hair And Makeup Prices Florida
- Bridal Makeup Price List Sunninghill
- Engagement Makeup Prices Woodmead
- Party Hair And Makeup Prices Bryanston
- Wedding Makeup Price List Gauteng
- Naturals Price List For Bridal Makeup Northcliff
- Professional Makeup Price List Douglasdale
- Bridal Makeup Prices 2018 East Rand
- Wedding Makeup Artist Prices Florida
- Professional Makeup Artist Price List Southgate
- Makeup Artist Price List Johannesburg south
- Prom Makeup Artist Prices Brakpan
- Airbrush Makeup Artist Prices Florida
- Freelance Makeup Artist Price List Morningside
- Makeup Artist Services And Prices South Africa
- Hair And Makeup Artist Prices Sandton
- Wedding Hair And Makeup Cost Douglasdale
- Wedding Makeup Cost Duxberry
- Bridal Party Hair And Makeup Cost Hyde Park
- Hd Bridal Makeup Cost Fourways
- Bridesmaid Makeup Cost Gauteng
- Airbrush Makeup For Wedding Cost Bryanston
- Bridal Hair And Makeup Cost Florida
- Wedding Hair Makeup Cost Parkmore
- Bridal Party Makeup Cost Rivonia
- Bridal Makeup Rates Alberton
- Makeup Ratings Pretoria
- Makeup Artist Rates Westcliff
- Makeup Rates For Weddings Sandton
- Airbrush Makeup Artist Rates Alberton
- Wedding Makeup Prices Average Sunninghill
- Average Price For Bridal Makeup Rosebank
- Average Price For Makeup Artist Centurion
- Average Cost Of Wedding Makeup Duxberry
- Average Price For Makeup Artist For Wedding Florida
- Average Bridal Makeup Cost Waterfall
- Cheap Makeup Artist Germiston
- Cheap Bridal Makeup Sunninghill
- Cheap Wedding Hair And Makeup River Club
- Cheap Wedding Makeup And Hair Bryanston
- Cheap Bridal Hair And Makeup Sunninghill